I recently started a new job, and things have just been insanely packed and hectic for me! I finally have a millisecond of downtime right now. I completely failed in terms of sticking with regular viewings and write-ups of Mad Men and Parks & Rec,and I apologize! But starting in July, I’m looking to do the following:
- watch and write about Girls !
- Talk about how this past year in TV could have been better for women/girls
- do a full-recap of shows I started watching and then severely neglected (Mad Men, Parks & Rec, etc.)
Any other ideas? Leave ’em below!
As I’m sure you can tell, lately posting and activity on the site has been pretty lackluster – both because I’ve been obscenely swamped and because there has been a lack of interest/conversation in posts! I’ve been racking my brain and visiting other sites to see what posts are successful for them, and the following is the new plan I have come up with:
- CPWAC will now focus primarily on writing posts on new episodes of female-centric/feminist-thought-provoking TV shows, including:
- Parks & Recreation
- Mad Men
- 2 Broke Girls
- 30 Rock
- Pan Am
- Pretty Little Liars
- and select episodes of shows like How I Met Your Mother and a smattering of reality TV offerings
2. Over the summer and during hiatuses from new episodes, we will focus on re-watching a season of an old TV show, or watch an earlier season of a show we’ve recently gotten into (i.e.; Mad Men).
To start off the new format this week, look out for a piece on an episode of Toddlers & Tiaras, an episode from late in the last season of Mad Men, and posts on the shows listed above!
Interested in writing for Couch Potatoes with a Cause? Give us a shout!